200 hour yoga teacher training in costa rica with edward jones july 6–27
your training takes place over three weeks in a fun, patient, and supportive environment. there's also a completely optional pre-work program that you can complete from the comfort of your home, before you head out to your training. completing even small portions of the pre-work can help you enjoy a much richer experience once you arrive at training.
the training program includes:
• a pre-training "yoga plan" that includes asana, meditation, and pranayama. this will prepare you for your training, and ensure that you get the most possible benefit from it.
• carefully selected readings and video clips that illustrate key concepts in areas such as philosophy, anatomy, meditation, pranayama, and of course, asana practice
• fun, thoughtfully designed exercises that you can practice, and then use with your students to help them increase important qualities such as self-awareness, presence, openness, and mental flexibility
• simple exercises that create a practical yet profound understanding of "yoga anatomy" – how each person's unique bone structure determines what they can and can't do – so that you can safely, confidently, and intelligently provide adjustment cues and pose modifications
• journaling assignments, if you're so inclined, to aid in your awareness and transformation
• tons of encouragement and support
while you can still receive your 200-hr certification without completing any of the pre-work, integrating even small portions of the larger program will profoundly affect what you get out of your experience. and best of all, it's all included in your standard tuition.
yoga hoedown august 30–september 2, 2013
an unforgettable weekend of music, mountains and yoga, of course, with kirstin leigh, barbara verrochi, julianna takacs, ashley dorr, annie piper and many more....
now in it's third year, the yoga hoedown is no doubt one of the sweetest gatherings of the summer...half yoga retreat, half live music festival, all heart and joy. magic might be the only word to describe this special mix of life's' simple pleasures: fresh air, nourishing food, live music, space to move, play, rest, sing, dance...all within a community of amazing people (you). think summer camp for adults: swimming, hiking, campfires, stargazing, yoga...but with djs and dance parties.
the magic all takes place at the beautiful abode mountain camp up in the berkshire mountains (3 hour drive from nyc). tons and tons of space to wander and rejoice. sleep in a tent, rent a cabin or if you're not the roughin' it type, stay in a cozy room just down the road. all meals are provided (home-cooked, vegetarian style) and there are plenty of activites for the whole family. trust us, this is a weekend you definitely don't want to miss.
registration and more details coming soon...but for now, save the date for the most fun you'll have all summer!!!