events & workshops
The Texture of Practice: A 3-class Series
Join Melanie for a three-class series in January.
In these classes we will move and breathe together, sit in quiet contemplation, consider brief pieces of text, and do a little writing of our own. There will also be an option to engage with “homework” between sessions.
Weaving movement and breath, action and reflection, solitude and togetherness, this series aims to provide a widening space for creativity, inquiry, and curiosity as we move into a new year.
January 17, 24, 31
$20 per session
$50 for all
Please email email@example.com for more information!
Sit With It: A Monthly Meditation + Discussion Series
Topic | Life on Earth
Join Barbara, Kristin, & Melanie for meditation and discussion on climate, ecology, and interdependence. Inspired by Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine K. Wilkinson’s All We Can Save, this event will incorporate selections from the book.
In this ongoing series, we engage in discussion of a specific topic from a contemplative standpoint. The interactive work is punctuated by periods of guided meditation. We will turn inward to observe thoughts and feelings, and together consider how meditation practice can lay the groundwork for skillful action. The themes of privilege and justice will underpin and inform all of our conversations.
Organized and hosted by Barbara and Melanie, with monthly guest speakers.
- Friday, January 29, 2021: Life on Earth with Barbara, Kristin L, & Melanie
Inspired by Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine K. Wilkinson’s All We Can Save, this event will incorporate selections from the book.
- Friday, December 11, 2020: Self Care & Self Love with Annie & Maria Cutrona
- Friday, November 13, 2020: fear & Faith with Domenick & Ashley
- Saturday, June 20, 2020: Power with Glenda Carpio, Barbara & Melanie
- Saturday, May 30, 2020: Adaptation with Barbara & Melanie
- Saturday, April 18, 2020: Equanimity with Sasha, Braeden, & Melanie
- Saturday, February 15, 2020: Listening with Annie, Barbara & Melanie
- Saturday, January 25, 2020: Compassion with Ashley and Maria Cutrona
- Saturday, December 7, 2019: Remembering with Aimee Cox & Lauren Benson
- Saturday, November 9, 2019: Joy with Barbara & Melanie