events & workshops
Please join us for our monthly kirtan. Open to all — bring friends and family!
Kirtan is a practice of devotional singing in community. We sing the names of the gods and goddesses and contemplate what these deities represent: love, joy, grace, beauty, perseverance, strength, and truth.
Next up: Saturday, April 25, 6-7pm
Save the dates (all Saturdays, 6-7pm):
siri jyoti – prosperity ritual
Join Ambika and Sarah Tomlinson for the Yantra and Mantra Prosperity Ritual known as Siri Jyoti. Bring abundance to your love, health and wealth realms!
Sit With It: A Monthly Meditation + Discussion Series
Topic for our next meeting: Action with Sasha, Braeden + Melanie
In these gatherings, we will focus on a meaningful topic through discussion, readings, and meditation. We will turn inward to observe thoughts and feelings, and together consider how meditation practice can lay the groundwork for skillful action. The themes of privilege and justice will underpin and inform all of our conversations.
Organized and hosted by Barbara and Melanie, with monthly guest speakers.
- Saturday, April 18 (live online) Action with Sasha, Braeden + Melanie
- Saturday, November 9: Joy with Barbara & Melanie
- Saturday, December 7: Remembering with Aimee Cox & Lauren Benson
- Saturday, January 25: Compassion with Ashley and Maria Cutrona
- Saturday, February 15: Listening with Annie, Barbara & Melanie
- Saturday, April 18: Action with Sasha, Braeden, & Melanie
- Saturday, May 2: Power with Glenda Carpio
- Saturday, June 6: Anger with Maria Rubinate
Livestream Shala Book Club – Indelicacy by Amina Cain
For the next Shala book club, we’ll be reading Indelicacy by Amina Cain. Here’s a review from The New York Times. Please come join us! Sign up online and we will send you a link for the Zoom meeting.