The Shala Mentorship Program
An opportunity to deepen your study, enhance your teaching skills, and explore particular dimensions of yoga alongside esteemed senior Shala yoga teachers.
The Shala Mentorship program can be taken as a standalone program or as a supplement to the 200-hour or 300-hour teacher trainings. It is designed to support your continued education and evolution as a teacher so that you are able to serve your students with confidence and integrity.
Our Mentorship is also open to individuals who are curious about how to weave yoga into their lives and work. You do not need to be a yoga teacher, or interested in ever teaching yoga, to benefit from the focus, support, and one-on-one guidance a Shala Mentorship offers.
Our teachers offer a wealth of knowledge gained from many years of diligent practice. Potential mentors include Kristin Leigh, Barbara Verrochi, Maria Cutrona, Ashley Dorr, Jenny Meyer, Joe Miller, Annie Piper, Maria Rubinate, Jenny Campbell, Sherry Russell, Melanie Jane Parker, Caroline Mceneaney, Shevy Katan, Sasha Ginnetti, and Domenick Schiavone.
Students are invited to create their own mentorship “major” to suit their needs, interests, and goals. Potential majors include:
- How to bring yoga practices and ethics in your academic or professional field
- Teaching to support differently-abled students
- Applying yoga ethics to social justice work
- Yoga for children and adolescents
- Exploring bhakti yoga through chanting and harmonium
- Understanding the relationship between Ayurveda and yoga
- Learning the history and philosophical underpinnings of yoga
Requirements will vary slightly depending on duration of training. General requirements will likely include:
- Mentor meetings (10 hours for 40-hour program, 20 hours for 80-hour program)
- Maintaining a daily asana and meditation practice
40 hours: $2000 (6 month limit for 40 hours)
80 hours: $3500 (1 year limit for 80 hours)
30% off class cards (5, 10, 20, 50), 25% off one month unlimited
for more information or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org