The Shala 300-hour Teacher Training
OCTOBER 2021 - APRIL 2022
2 weekends a month: Dates TBA
Yoga Alliance Certified
To apply or ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
At the shala, we value an ongoing commitment to education and development as practitioners and instructors. we believe strong teachers are rooted in a strong practice. our 300-hour advanced teacher training allows trainees to delve more fully into the physical, philosophical, and professional dimensions of living yoga.
Our 300-hour training is composed of in-depth workshops focused on:
- Advanced asana study, including sequencing, anatomy, and physiology
- Philosophical study and discussion
- Final research project/presentation and mentorship
- Tracing the lineage and history of yoga
- Yoga and Social Justice
- Diversity and inclusion
- Pranayama and meditation
- Sanskrit pronunciation and chanting
- Yoga Therapy, Anatomy, and Physiology
RESEARCH PROJECT & MENTORSHIP
The 300-hour Training provides an opportunity for trainees to work one-on-one with a senior teacher to investigate particular subjects of interest, practice teaching, review sequences, learn chants, hone teaching voice, and more. All trainees conceive of, carry out, and present an individual research project on a subject of their choosing. The research project will culminate in a final oral presentation and related asana class. Some past research projects include:
- How yoga impacts different systems of the body
- The relationship between yoga and social action
- Yoga viewed in a historical context
- Sequencing and assisting (verbal and hands-on)
- Co-teaching classes, workshops, and retreats
- Classical texts of the yoga canon
- Reading, speaking, writing, and memorizing Sanskrit
- Yoga therapy and yoga for particular conditions
- Writing and delivering dharma talks that illuminate asana practice
TEACHERS: Kristin Leigh, Barbara Verrochi + Shala teachers + guest teachers.
- 200-Hour certification or teaching experience
- Minimum 5 years of consistent yoga practice
- Completed 300-Hour Teacher Training application. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Early Bird: $3500 full payment before September 15th.
- $3700 after September 15th. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required before training begins.
- Payment plans accepted. Add $75 to total cost.
- Work study is available for discounted tuition.
- Partial scholarships are offered for BIPOC students, in keeping with The Shala’s aspirations for a more racially diverse teaching body.