The Shala 300-hour Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Certified
March to November 2021 (July/August no classes)
at the shala, we value an ongoing commitment to education and development as practitioners and instructors. we believe strong teachers are rooted in a strong practice. our 300-hour advanced teacher training allows trainees to delve more fully into the physical, philosophical, and professional dimensions of living yoga.
Enhance your study and teaching of yoga with in-depth workshops focused on asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, Ayurveda, yoga and social justice, yoga therapy, and trauma-sensitive technique.
Advanced Training Outline
- 80-Hour Teaching Skills
- 60-Hour Asana Training
- 40-Hour Philosophy Training
Mentorship provides an opportunity for trainees to work one on one with a senior teacher to investigate particular subjects of interest, assist in classes, practice teaching, review sequences, learn chants, hone teaching voice and more. all trainees conceive of, carry out, and present an individual research project on a subject of their choosing. some past research projects mentees have explored:
- how yoga influences and impacts different systems of the body
- how yoga can be applied to social action
- yoga viewed in a historical context
- learning how to apply yogic techniques to your academic or professional field
- exploring bhakti yoga through chanting and harmonium
- sequencing and assisting (verbal and hands-on)
- co-teaching classes, workshops, and retreats
- classical texts of the yoga canon
- reading, speaking, writing, and memorizing sanskrit
- anatomy, yoga therapy, and teaching to differently-abled students
- writing and delivering effective dharma talks that support and illuminate asana practice
300-Hour Dates: TBA
Teachers: Kristin Leigh, Barbara Verrochi + Shala teachers + guest teachers.
- 200-Hour certification or teaching experience
- Minimum 5 years of consistent yoga practice
- Completed 300-Hour Teacher Training application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- $3500 full payment before February 1st.
- $3700 after February 1st. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required before training begins.
- Payment plans accepted. Add $75 to total cost.
- Work study is available for discounted tuition.
- Partial scholarships are offered for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) students, in keeping with the shala’s aspirations for a more racially diverse teaching body.
To apply or ask questions about the training, email email@example.com