The Shala 300-hour Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Certified
March to November 2019 (July/August no classes)
at the shala, we value an ongoing commitment to education and development as practitioners and instructors. we believe strong teachers are rooted in a strong practice. our 300-hour advanced teacher training allows trainees to delve more fully into the physical, philosophical, and professional dimensions of living yoga.
Enhance your study and teaching of yoga with in-depth workshops focused on asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, Ayurveda, yoga and social justice, yoga therapy, and trauma-sensitive technique.
The Shala Advanced Training modules can be taken in any order over the course of a few years, or as stand alone independent courses for students who choose not to matriculate into our 300-Hour Advanced Training.
2019 Module Schedule for Advanced Training
80-Hour Teaching Skills
- 20-Hour The Art of Assisting
- 20-Hour Advanced Sequencing
- 20-Hour Diversity Training
- 20-Hour Pranayama & Subtle Body
60-Hour Asana Training
- 20- hour Ashtanga Intensive
- 20-hour Yoga Therapy
- 20-hour Anatomy
40-Hour Philosophy Training
- 20-hour Ayurveda: philosophy & practice
- 20-hour Advanced Yoga Sutras & meditation
Mentorship provides an opportunity for trainees to work one on one with a senior teacher to investigate particular subjects of interest, assist in classes, practice teaching, review sequences, learn chants, hone teaching voice and more. all trainees conceive of, carry out, and present an individual research project on a subject of their choosing. some past research projects mentees have explored:
- how yoga influences and impacts different systems of the body
- how yoga can be applied to social action
- yoga viewed in a historical context
- learning how to apply yogic techniques to your academic or professional field
- exploring bhakti yoga through chanting and harmonium
- sequencing and assisting (verbal and hands-on)
- co-teaching classes, workshops, and retreats
- classical texts of the yoga canon
- reading, speaking, writing, and memorizing sanskrit
- anatomy, yoga therapy, and teaching to differently-abled students
- writing and delivering effective dharma talks that support and illuminate asana practice
- March 30-31: The Art of Assisting
- April 13-14: Anatomy in Motion: Advanced Sequencing for the Shoulder and Heart
- May 4-5: Ayurveda: Philosophy & Application
- June 7-9: Ashtanga Intensive: Philosophy & Practice
- July/August: Consists of self-study/practice, research & mentorship meetings.
- Sept 14-15: Yoga Therapy
- Sept 28-29: Anatomy in Motion: Advanced Sequencing: Nervous system, Subtle body & Pranayama
- Oct 5-6: diversity training
- Oct 26-27: Advanced Yoga sutras & meditation
- Nov. 9-10: Presentations
Teachers: Kristin Leigh, Barbara Verrochi, Maria Rubinate, Annie Piper, Maria Cutrona, Domenick Schiavone, Amy Matthews, Kate Johnson, Tim Feldmann + more.
- 200-Hour certification or teaching experience
- Minimum 5 years of consistent yoga practice
- Completed 300-Hour Teacher Training application. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Module pricing will be noted for each course.
- Entire training; $4200
- Payment plans accepted. Add $75 to total cost.
- Work study is available for discounted tuition.
- Partial scholarships are offered for people of color, in keeping with the shala’s aspirations for a more racially diverse teaching body.
To apply or ask questions about the training, email firstname.lastname@example.org