The Shala 200-hour Teacher Training
MARCH – NOVEMBER 2021
2 Weekends per month: Dates TBA
Yoga Alliance Certified
To apply & for more information, email email@example.com
The Shala’s comprehensive and rigorous 200-hour training curriculum is designed to suit students interested in becoming skilled teachers as well as practitioners searching for a deeper connection with this profound tradition that originated in India.
We value an authentic approach to the study of yoga. From our classes to our workshops to our teachers, the Shala culture reflects a commitment to the principles of compassion, justice, steadiness and ease. The 200-hour Teacher Training aims to cultivate these qualities in our trainees—physically, philosophically, and professionally.
When we gather for training sessions, we observe the importance of learning and growing alongside one another. This program provides trainees with meaningful opportunities to develop and explore the many facets of yoga within a supportive community.
Our training will focus on developing:
- A consistent asana & meditation practice
- Your voice as a teacher
- Intelligent, safe, and creative sequencing
- Clear and precise alignment instruction
- Effective adjustments and assists
- Flexible and appropriate approaches to teaching both beginner and intermediate/advanced students
We’ll engage with the therapeutic applications of yoga:
- Injury and anatomy
- Yoga as a healing art
- Prenatal and postnatal
and expand our understanding of yoga as a vital, evolving tradition:
- Tracing Lineage, History, and Philosophy of Yoga
- Yoga and Social Justice
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Chanting and Sanskrit
PRIMARY TEACHERS: Barbara Verrochi, Kristin Leigh, Shala Teachers & Guests
- 25 classes at the Shala
- In-class privates
- Class observations
- Anatomy and asana worksheets
- Close reading of texts
- Dharma reports (dharma talks based on reading)
- Memorization of Yoga Sutras
- Meditation and journaling
- Early Bird: $2500 full payment before February 15th.
- $2700 after February 15th. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required before training begins.
- Inquire about payment plan. We add on $75 for payment plan processing.
- Work study is available for reduced training prices.
- We are offering partial scholarships for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) students, in keeping with The Shala’s aspirations for a more racially diverse teaching body.
“I really loved being part of The Shala YTT, I met the most wonderful and supportive group of yogis – teachers and fellow TTs alike. We are still in touch as we continue our journey. We learned so much about all aspects of yoga such as anatomy, sequencing, meditation, sutras, sanskrit, bhagavad gita, ayurveda, different styles of yoga, like restorative and prenatal and were really immersed in what it means to be a yoga teacher. I also appreciated that the common theme of the training was to find our own voice and style. We were guided so beautifully by all the teachers who shared their unique wisdom and experience. Now we can choose to dive even deeper into whatever area we are most drawn to on this great path. I am so grateful to Barbara and Kristin for creating this program in a safe and supportive space and feel lucky to have been a part of it.”
“The Shala YTT program has been a rich and wonderful experience all around. I was initially attracted to the training as a way to deepen my own practice and understanding of the many facets of yoga — including yoga history & philosophy, ayurveda, chanting, meditation, and so much more. But I quickly became fascinated by the tools and techniques one needs to become a teacher, such as sequencing, anatomy, an introduction to various styles of yoga, and rich and important conversations on cultivating diverse and inclusive yoga communities. Not only have I had the chance to travel much further on my yoga path than I’d imagined, but I also became acquainted with and connected to a supportive, talented, and compassionate group of teachers and fellow teacher trainees. The Shala YTT program is thoughtfully designed, expertly led, and open-heartedly encouraging. Barbara and Kristin have created a beautiful, welcoming, and accessible space for all who wish to pursue this path.”