Saturday, May 4:
- 12:30 to 3:00: Foundational principles including:
5 element theory, doshic theory, universal qualities, introduction to Prakrti assessment
- 4:00 to 6:30: Foundations of nutrition including:
Definition of health, guidelines for eating, Agni, 6 tastes. Plus a trip to the kitchen: ghee, kitchari and takra.
Sunday, May 5:
- 12:30 to 3:00: Foundational practices of Ayurveda including:
Daily routine, seasonal routine, sensory health, guidelines for sleep
- 4:00 to 6:30: Practical application of Ayurvedic concepts in yoga practice: Using an Ayurvedic lens on yoga practice. Concept of yoga therapy from an Ayurvedic perspective.
Taught by Maria Rubinate, nationally certified Ayurvedic Health counselor and Ashtanga yoga teacher.
Cost for weekend*:
- $160: non-accredited for weekend
- $260: 20-hours credit for weekend
- $50 per individual session
Continuing education workshop for students, teachers, and teachers-in-training, or 20-hour module within The Shala’s 300-hour training. Sign up for whole weekend or individual parts, email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for individual workshop times.